Accessibility in Ontario
Approximately 1.8 million Ontarians live with a disability, and as the population grows older, this number will increase.
Accessibility at NPAAMB
The Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board (NPAAMB) believes:
- accessibility is a right that everyone has and this right needs to be respected and honoured;
- we all benefit when everyone can participate equally in everyday life;
- although there has been much progress in making our society more inclusive, we can and need to do better.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), Customer Service Standard, and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation for Information and Communications, Employment, and Transportation, for the Built Environment and any future AODA associated standards and regulations.
Statement of Commitment
NPAAMB is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and understand that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone.
NPAAMB is committed to ensuring our organization’s AODA compliance by incorporating accessibility legislation into our policies, procedures, information, equipment requirements, training, and best practices. We will review these policies and practices annually, as organizational changes occur, or in anticipation of compliance deadlines. In addition, we will strive to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner.
NPAAMD is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment for those that access our information, programs or services. As an organization we understand this is a shared effort, and, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.
For more detailed information on our commitment to accessibility please access our policy below or contact our Office Manager:
- by email: email@example.com
- by telephone: 519-751-8333 extension 227
- by fax: 877-722-1761
- by mail: 50 Generations Drive, 2nd Floor, Box 9 Ohsweken ON N0A 1M0
- In person at our Head Office: 50 Generations Drive, 2nd Floor Ohsweken ON N0A 1M0