QA Specialist – Cosmetic Products
*This position is located in St. Catharines, Ontario*
About Cheekbone Beauty:
Cheekbone Beauty is a digital, direct to consumer, socially conscious cosmetic brand. As a purpose-driven company, we exist to empower Indigenous youth by representing their faces and culture. The beauty industry has never satisfied this role, but Cheekbone Beauty is committed to filling that gap while crafting a high-quality line of sustainable cosmetics. Cheekbone Beauty is a fast-growing beauty brand that is ready to share our mission and purpose with the world
Cheekbone Beauty is headquartered in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada and leverages the power of the digital world and social media to connect with its community.
We are hiring a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist – Cosmetic Products who will be responsible and accountable for ensuring Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Cheekbone Beauty’s cosmetic product formulations. We seek a candidate who is an experienced QA Chemistry Professional with several years of experience in managing QA within the cosmetics and/or personal care product industries, and who has a formal education in the chemical sciences or chemical engineering. This QA Specialist role is an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor in a fast-growing cosmetics company.
Summary of Job Functions
At Cheekbone Beauty, our product quality, safety, and business integrity are central factors in our company’s mission. The work of the QA Specialist will be focused implementing the Quality Management System which must comply with Health Canada and US-FDA regulations. The QA Specialist will research, coordinate, and implement protocols for testing raw materials compliance, finished goods quality control, and method validation, in accordance with the quality and regulatory guidelines issued by Health Canada and US-FDA. The QA Specialist will lead all the QA/QC and regulatory compliance matters for Cheekbone’s products and will collaborate with the Senior Product Development Scientist to manage relationships with ingredient suppliers, vendors, testing labs, contract manufacturers and regulators to ensure that QA and regulatory standards are satisfied. This individual will manage and record all documentation and administration pertaining to product research and development, packaging and finished goods.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Determine qualification requirements and provide quality assurance solutions that satisfy Health Canada and US-FDA requirements.
· Develop policies and procedural framework to support a Quality Management System (QMS), that includes documentation and procedures for risk assessments, risk mitigation and corrective action steps.
· Write and review the standard operating procedures (SOPs) relating to equipment, new product formulations, batch manufacturing and quality testing, as required for GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliance.
· Prepare Quality Assurance protocol reports, including IQ/OQ/PQ) for validating all raw materials, equipment, operational processes, finished products and quality validation data in all aspects of operations, according to the Health Canada and US-FDA regulations.
· Review product ingredients and qualify raw material to ensure compliance with brand regulatory restrictions and manufacturer’s standard specifications.
· Participation in audits by regulatory authorities.
· Collaborate with the Senior Product Development Scientist to ensure complete laboratory and product health and safety requirements for the company are met.
· Collaborate with Senior Product Development Scientist to manage the relationships with ingredient suppliers, material vendors, testing labs, contract manufacturers, shippers/receivers, and regulators.
· Communicate regularly with executive management to inform them of all QA/QC and regulatory matters and documentation.
· Perform trials, measure, test, QA/QC documentation, and statistical analysis of product batches.
· Additional duties will be requested as the needs present themselves, in response to changes in company’s business objectives and functional responsibilities of the leadership team.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties associated with this role. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessities by your changing role and the overall business objectives of the organizations
Key Skills and Experience:
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Chemical Science or Chemical Engineering), and preferably a Master’s Degree in a concentration of equivalence.
· Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience in a QA Specialist or QA/QC/Regulatory Compliance role within the personal care and/or cosmetics industry.
· Strong understanding of cGMP, GLP guidelines from Health Canada, US-FDA is expected; experience with qualification of Equipment, Process and Method Validation is required.
· Experience writing, reviewing, and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, Batch Records, CAPA documents, RMAs, and other regulatory documentation.
· Experience in establishing a QMS system for a cosmetic and/or personal care products manufacturer.
· Proficient in use of standard business office software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite of software and apps).
· Strong written and oral communication skills required for preparing reports, administration and documenting procedures and communicating effectively with colleagues, vendors and suppliers, and Health Canada authorities.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and discretion, is adaptable to changes in the work environment and business objectives and assumes responsibility to lead and execute project tasks successfully.
What Cheekbone Beauty believes:
We are mission and purpose driven. Cheekbone Beauty is a young, energetic, dynamic, growing cosmetics company. We provide a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive wage, employee benefits package, and paid vacation days.
If you want to join our growing family, please email email@example.com your resume. While all applicants are encouraged, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
We believe that kindness, empathy, and respect will lead to the best relationships. Cheekbone Beauty is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Our hiring practices are aligned with all Human Rights codes, laws and follow principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We ensure that all persons are to receive equal treatment with regards to employment and opportunity regardless of race, colour, language, creed, religion, spirituality, belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability. If you require any form of accommodation upon interview or employment, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org