Brantford Native Housing requires a Community Development Liaison who will provide leadership, strategic direction and expertise to the organization to ensure the successful development and implementation of all Brantford Native Housing programs and initiatives. This individual will promote Brantford Native Housing’s vision, and work with the community, businesses, and government agencies to support development activities and promote awareness of the organization and its services and projects.
- Social Services Worker diploma or 2 year post-secondary diploma in Human Services in a relevant field of study.
- A minimum two years’ experience in a human service supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education, professional training, and experience.
- Familiarity with available community resources in our service delivery area.
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively within a team approach to community development.
- Ability to access funding opportunities.
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated teamwork and team building skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Work, Excel and e-mail required.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons or facts.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy.
- Valid driver’s license, along with reliable transportation required.
- Must produce an acceptable police check (CPIC).
- Demonstrated ability in working with Indigenous people.
- Indigenous descent preferred.
- Constant interaction with the general public.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Please submit cover letter along with your resume and three references to:
Brantford Native Housing
318 Colborne Street, Brantford, ON N3S 3M9
Attention: Cheri Martin, Office Administrator
Fax (519) 756-1764
(Deadline for Submissions: September 27, 2019 at 4:00 pm)
A detailed job description can be picked up at Brantford Native Housing office
**ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED**