INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting Period: January 24, 2020 – Until Filled
Position: Custodial Worker
Location: Various SNGRDC Locations
Job Status: Part-Time Contract with the potential to become Permanent Part-Time
Hours of Work: 0-44 hours per week
CUSTODIAL – NIGHTS (Updated)
Reporting to the Custodial Assistant Lead Hand or designate, the Custodian is responsible for the cleaning of all SNGRDC properties as required. The Custodian operates according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate floor cleaning equipment and maintains janitorial equipment.
• Office, communal and rest room cleaning.
• Conducts checks and cleaning of bathrooms and supplies levels.
• Set up of banquet tables and chairs when required.
• Clean, maintain and keep all tools organized and in good working condition.
• Good mechanical and problem-solving skills.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Reports any maintenance issues to management.
• Positive attitude and willingness to work and respond to emergency situations.
• Operate a variety of equipment to perform cleaning and preventative maintenance to floors, walls, windows, mirrors and other surfaces.
• Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines.
• Participates in and completes all required SNGRDC training.
• Completes WHIMIS training.
• Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are followed.
• Performs other related duties as may be required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent customer service skills.
• A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to embrace and champion change.
• Reliable, punctual, and able to work independently.
• Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
• Understand and follow the Health & Safety Policies set by the SNGRDC.
• Custodial department operates 7 days per week and the successful candidate will be required to work 11 PM – 6:30 AM.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• One year of work related experience in the custodial or customer service field. Must be willing to take training and upgrading as required.
• Have knowledge of general cleaning and maintenance practices and working knowledge of WHMIS standards.
• Understanding of inventory control (receiving supplies, submitting orders).
• Able to deal with prolonged standing, walking and/or running.
• Must have a pleasant attitude and disposition for working with the public.
• Willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends and holidays.
• Must pass a police record check.
• Must have reliable transportation as well as ability to maintain their driver’s license as they would be required to travel between locations in personal vehicle.
• Willingness to learn, accept change, and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People. July 2019 V1
Community Members, Customers, Human Resources, and Development Corporation Staff.
• This position requires medium physical effort.
• This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
• This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
• Working in a smoking environment.
Public Relations with community members.
Custodial Assistant Lead Hand July 2019 V1
Please submit the following to the HR Department at the Gathering Place by the Grand Building in person/by mail at 2498 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0 or by email at HRdept@sndevcorp.ca:
• Application for Employment Form (attached)
• Cover letter
Or apply online at www.sndevcorp.ca/careers
Or apply online at www.Indeed.ca
Or apply through GREAT
Or apply through Hamilton Regional Indian Centre
Or apply through NPAAMB
• Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
• Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
• Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation shall make every reasonable effort to accommodate job applicants who have disabilities and make the applicants aware of the policies and supports in place for accommodating people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION01-24-2020 Custodial Staff Posting SNGRDC