Website Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation
Position: Director of Revenue Generation
Location: Tourism Building
Job Status: Contract (1 Year) with the possibility to Become Permanent.
Hours of Work: 35 Per Week
DIRECTOR OF REVENUE GENERATION
Reporting to the President / CEO (or their designate) the Director of Revenue Generation will work with the Executive Leadership Team and SNGRDC sub-departments to identify and unlock new revenue generation opportunities to maximize profitability.
This role will include new business development for both on and off reserve asset expansion and/or acquisition. Key areas of focus will include assessment of operational efficiency, assessing opportunities to integrate business processes to maximize value, and exploring new growth opportunities to ensure they align with SNGRDC vision, values and profit objectives.
The Director of Revenue Generation will serve as the first point of contact for new business inquiry and provide assessment / recommendations to the President / CEO regarding development path(s).
This position will have a heavy sales and marketing focus across the entire company portfolio. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of designing and implementing ambitious revenue generating strategies. They will possess exceptional communication, analytical, report writing skills. The chosen candidate will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the design of corporate strategy, with the specific focus on revenue generation and identification of efficiencies;
- Operate to ensure corporate-wide alignment with the three pillars of Autonomy 150 – Growth in Human Capital, Joint Ventures / Partnerships and Real Estate / Investments;
- Support the Executive Leadership Team in the development of departmental plans to ensure alignment to overall corporate and revenue generation strategies;
- Identify and Evaluate revenue generating opportunities on an ongoing basis – to include M&A considerations, development of new operations and strategic investments;
- Develop business models for new investment and business expansion;
- Conduct process audits on operational efficiency and provide recommendations for improvements;
- Support the design and implementation of sales and marketing programs / channels at all levels of the corporation;
- Develop a system of continuous improvement, and work with all levels of management to foster that as a driving force of corporate culture;
- Provide regional market analysis to determine positioning considerations with current and future offerings;
- Undertake prospecting for potential partners for the design and implementation of programming aimed at increasing general patronage for the corporation’s venues;
- Lead key business development aimed at increasing the corporation’s network of potential partners across all activities;
- Partner internally to develop key opportunities to showcase the corporation’s operations and partnership opportunities.
- Provide reporting and analysis to the Executive Leadership Team and President / CEO.
- Other duties as assigned by the President / CEO (or their designate)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Ability to relate to stakeholders with tact and discretion.
- Must pass a police record check.
- Must be able to travel and have flexible work schedule.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A Master of Business Administration or closely related field of study with three (3) years of senior level experience in revenue generation, portfolio management or multi-business operations;
- A Post-secondary degree in Business Administration or closely related field of study with five (5) years of senior level experience in revenue generation, portfolio management or multi-business operations;
- Understanding of the history and dynamics of the Six Nations of the Grand River community.
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation (SNGRDC) was launched in May 2015 with the mission to achieve economic self-sufficiency without compromising the values of the Six Nations people.
The purpose of SNGRDC is to generate income, outside of federal funding, to tackle community priorities that affect the Six Nations Community as a whole. This includes improving social conditions, aiding in infrastructure development, sustaining a vibrant arts and culture industry and creating a healthy & sustainable environment for individuals, families and businesses to thrive.
Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, Advisory Committee, President / CEO, Executive Leadership Team, Community Members, Contractors, Government Agencies, Council Members, Human Resources, Development Corporation Staff, Tourism Partners, Legal Counsel, Maintenance Contractors, Business Partners, and Vendors.
- This position requires normal physical effort.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- This position has regular deadline pressure from various sources.
President / CEO
Please submit the following to the HR Department at the Gathering Place by the Grand Building in person/by mail at 2498 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0 or by email at HRdept@sndevcorp.ca:
- Application for Employment Form (download)
- Cover letter
Or apply online at www.sndevcorp.ca/careers.
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
- Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation shall make every reasonable effort to accommodate job applicants who have disabilities and make the applicants aware of the policies and supports in place for accommodating people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.sndevcorp.ca.