INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting Period: July 22, 2019 – August 31, 2019
Position: Event Associate
Location: Gathering Place by the Grand
Job Status: Contract
Hours of Work: 0-20 hours per week
Event Associate – Gathering Place by the Grand
The Gathering Place by the Grand is an all-new event and conference centre located in Six Nations. Reporting to the Event Planner, the Event Associate will support the development, coordination, and execution of programming and rentals at the Gathering Place. The Event Associate will gain hands-on skills and experience in the execution of events and administrative duties. The successful candidate will act as the primary contact on-site for clients, staff and vendors. The candidates can expect to work in a very fact-paced environment that will include evenings and weekends in often physically demanding conditions based on individual event requirements. The candidate must possess exceptional communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as first point of contact for the Gathering Place by the Grand, including greeting visitors/clients as they enter the facility, and responding to inquiries via phone and email.
- Assist Event Planner with administrative paperwork, including but not limited to client contracts, quotes, and budgets, for the successful execution of events.
- Prepares event and meeting spaces for guests.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Gathering Place events and programming.
- Assist in the development of monthly social media marketing strategies.
- Update and maintain the Gathering Place website.
- Work with third-party vendors to ensure successful events at the Gathering Place.
- Administrative duties for day to day operations.
- Ensure Gathering Place by the Grand remains professional, welcoming and accessible.
- Flexible hours, i.e. weekdays, evenings, weekends, holidays
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to work independently or as a team member
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Excellent customer service capabilities.
- Ability to handle the public and media with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an event environment.
- Experience working with the public, managing schedules and booking meetings.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media applications.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, leadership, interpersonal relationships and problem-solving.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven customer service skills with the ability to liaise and communicate effectively with clients, third-party vendors and contracted staff.
- Work flexible hours, i.e. weekdays, evenings, weekends, holidays, as required by events.
- Reliable transportation is required with a valid “G2” driver’s license.
- Ability to perform moderate lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Must pass a police record check.
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People.
Community Members, Contractors, Government Agencies, Council Members, Human Resources, Development Corporation Staff, Tourism Partners, Maintenance Contractors, Business Partners, and Vendors.
- This position requires normal physical effort.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- Mental Stress: There is regular deadline pressure from various sources.
POS Terminal, Financial Deposits, and Booking.
Please submit the following to the HR Department at the Gathering Place by the Grand Building in person/by mail at 2498 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0 or by email at HRdept@sndevcorp.ca:
- Application for Employment Form (Download Application)
- Cover letter
Or apply online at www.sndevcorp.ca/careers.
Or apply online at www.Indeed.ca
Or apply through GREAT
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
- Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation shall make every reasonable effort to accommodate job applicants who have disabilities and make the applicants aware of the policies and supports in place for accommodating people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.