Student Job Opportunity
Food Safety Support – Barrie District Office
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is dedicated to safeguarding food, animals and plants . To support this effort, we are seeking enthusiastic students to help CFIA inspectors in the fields. For more information about the CFIA, visit www.inspection.gc.ca
Duties of the position
- Collecting and conducting food sampling in support of food safety complaints and investigations.
- Creating food sample submissions to the laboratory for further analysis.
- Travelling to field locations and collecting basic information in support of food safety complaints and investigations.
- Verifying the effectiveness of recall activities at food retail locations.
- Working on CFIA electronic systems to report on and document work.
- Assisting with other inspection duties as required .
- Travel will be required
Requirements to apply
- Security Clearance
- A valid driver’s license is required
Employment period: Approximately four months (May to August 2019)
Rate of pay: From $12.93 – $25.94 based on academic level
Work Location: Barrie, Ontario
An interview and reference checks will be required
Contact information to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jan Choi, Administrative Assistant at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 513-5976 and indicate the position and location you are applying for
Working at the CFIA
The CFIA and the National Indigenous Advisory Circle strive to create an environment where Indigenous people can realize their career aspirations in a fair, respectful and inclusive environment. In addition, the CFIA is committed to providing a mentorship program to support students and help them integrate easily into the workplace. We believe that having a diverse workforce translates to fresh ideas and new ways of addressing the challenges and opportunities we face each day.