Brantford Native Housing
Under the direction of the Community Relations Manager, the Housing Outreach Worker is primarily responsible for assisting residents/tenants/clients in maintaining their existing housing; assist residents of transitional housing to find their own home in the community; assist clients to access community services; implementation of programs and services for clients who are homeless or at-risk of homeless such as emergency food voucher program, winter coat exchange, etc.; promote Brantford Native Housing programs and services at local community events.
- Post secondary education in social services AND two years’ experience working with the aboriginal community who are experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness;
- Knowledge of aboriginal homelessness and the differential impacts on women with or without children;
- Working knowledge of legislation, policies and regulations that may impact BNH;
- Excellent working knowledge of Brantford community services;
- Working knowledge of the criminal, youth, and family court process;
- Ability to engage Aboriginal people who are at-risk of homelessness or who are homeless;
- Good public relations skills, be tactful and discreet and maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills;
- Excellent computer, communication, organizational, and time-management skills;
- Knowledge of: aboriginal cultures, values and customs and their influence and impact on homelessness; violence against women; children witnessing violence; substance abuse, etc.
- Solid understanding of First Nations status application processes, how to access programs and services for status First Nations people living off-reserve, as well as services for Métis, Inuit people, and non-status First Nations people.
- Valid driver’s license, along with reliable transportation;
- Produce an acceptable police check (CPIC);
- Self-identifying as First Nations, Metis or Inuit preferred.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume and three references to:
Brantford Native Housing
318 Colborne Street
Brantford, ON N3S 3M9
Attn: Cheri Martin, Office Administrator
(Deadline for Submissions: November 14, 2019 by 4:00pm)
A detailed job description can be picked up at Brantford Native Housing Office
**ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED**
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.