Website SE Health
Start an exciting new career with SE Health! Earn your PSW certification with SE Career College of Health’s PSW program! This program meets or exceeds the Ontario Personal Support Worker Program standard and is approved through the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. No experience required!
SE Health is excited to offer this new sponsored training program in collaboration with SE Career College of Health, to provide a new generation of passionate PSWs with the skills they need to help people in our communities.
Are you someone who wants to put their energy and passion for life towards caring for others? We are seeking committed, compassionate people who can multi-task to meet a variety of challenges.
This training program has been designed to provide you with all of the knowledge and skills you need to be successful.
This training program includes the following:
- Four (4) weeks of PAID HSW Training: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Must be available for 19 days of Long-Term Care Placement. The hours range from 6am-11pm)
- Training will start on Nov 25th-Dec 20th, 2019 If you are not available for these dates
- Next Training will start Jan 6th – Jan 31st, 2020
- PSW training will begin Feb 3rd, 2020
- (5) month PSW: Monday to Friday 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Activities of personal care
- Household management
- General support
Who You Are:
- Caring and compassionate
- Calm under pressure
- A strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Friendly and collaborative
- Comfortable taking direction and working independently
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and agility within a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns
- Ability to travel and attend meetings to support the needs of the patient
- Experience using a computer or tablet to communicate effectively
- Having a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is an asset such as public transit
- To be able to join SE Health you need to successfully pass the Criminal Record Check and vulnerable sector check
- Up to date Immunizations including a 1 step TB test within 1 year if tested positive we will require a Chest X-Ray dated within 1 year
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Varicella/Zosters, Hep B is recommended
- Standard 1st Aid and CPR level C
- This position may require lifting to a maximum of approximately 25 kilograms/55 lbs, client transfers and positioning, frequent movements including bending, kneeling and crouching as well as manual dexterity.
If you’re having any difficulties applying to the program, or have any other questions please email me or call me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. 905-393-6101
About SE Health SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Interested candidates may forward cover letter with resume to: https://careers.sehc.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.sehc.com.