HERE WE GROW AGAIN! SEEKING MOTIVATED TEAM PLAYERS! RE – POSTING!
The urban Indigenous youth we serve will have increased confidence, self-esteem and leadership abilities. They will develop skills and a strong attachment to the workforce that will make them more employable and provide them with greater stability. NPAAMB will be a leader in supporting our youth as they transform into leaders contributing to their communities.
NPAAMB is currently seeking:
(1) HUMAN RESOURCES and Training Manager
Contract Position: (2.5 years or up to 30 months with possibility of extension)
Location: Ohsweken (Six Nations), Ontario
As a member of the management team, under the direction of the Executive Director, the HR and Training Manager (HRT) is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the human resources and training department. The HRT Manager will be responsible for overseeing personnel management, including recruitment and selection, performance evaluation, wage increases, disciplinary actions in compliance with company policies, HR policy revisions and compliance. The HR and Training Manager will also be responsible for identifying staff training needs and implementing group professional development activities on an annual basis.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the following: Business or Public Administration, Commerce, Management, Non-Profit Leadership, Human Resource Management in addition to Certification in human resources management by a provincial governing body preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a human resource specialist or generalist position and the supervision of a staff complement of a minimum of 10 staff
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as talent management, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence based recommendations to senior management.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of managing organizational behavior, change and development
- Working with Indigenous groups/communities and awareness of the history of Indigenous peoples in Canada an asset
- Superior communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Able to interpret and implement personnel related legislation including but not limited to: Employment Law, Canadian Human Rights Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, Employment Standards Act, Employment Equity Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Strong planning, time management, and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Understands the importance of maintaining a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Windows operating systems and applications including Windows 7 or higher, IBM/Mac with MicrosoftOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), internet research & referencing and computer network system as it relates to Project Delivery
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
- Access to Insured, licensed automobile
- Certification in First Aid/CPR, WMHIS (considered an asset)
All applicants are strongly encouraged to request job description. For complete job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send via mail (must arrive by deadline) or email your resume with three (3) work related references to:
Brandee Sandy, Office Manager
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board
50 Generations Drive, 2nd Flr, Box 9
Ohsweken, Ontario, N0A 1M0
Closing Date: POSTING UNTIL FILLED Start Date: ASAP Salary: $61,224- $73,197 per annum
All offers of employment are contingent upon receipt and acceptance of Vulnerable Sector CPIC
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. We thank you for your application, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PREFERENCE TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES OF ABORIGINAL DESCENT WILL BE GIVEN
NPAAMB welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.