The Human Resources and Volunteer Coordinator, under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, will primarily be responsible to maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete personnel records. This position will monitor human resources related documentation to ensure accuracy, consistency, and relevance to business processes. This role will also advise employees and managers on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs, and collective agreements. The Human Resources and Volunteer Coordinator should possess a degree or diploma in a related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifiers:.
Set up and maintain a volunteer program that is consistent with the Human Resources protocols of De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete personnel records for employees, contractors, students and volunteers.
Monitor human resources related documentation to ensure accuracy, consistency, and relevance to business processes
Advise employees and managers on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs, and collective agreements
Ensure compliance with relevant employment and occupational health and safety legislation
Maintain database and files for certified and classified substitute employees
Prepare and post notices and advertisements, and collect and screen applications
Perform the orientation/on-boarding of new hires and the training of all employees, volunteers, students and contractors.
Implement employee/personnel programs, including skills development training and health and safety programs
Maintain human resources information and related records systems in compliance with applicable legislation
Stay abreast on compliance requirements and industry best practices; recommend changes or modifications to existing policies and programs to remain in compliance; and adopt best practices where feasible
Conduct exit interviews with resigning employees and volunteers to gain a more in-depth understanding as to why they are resigning
Process bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees including all legislative and required deductions.
Respond to employee and government agency inquiries in regards to payroll
Candidate Differentiators: In addition to requirements for the position, the ideal candidate would also possess some of the following qualifications:
1. Degree or diploma in a related field. Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) is an asset. Certifications or licenses appropriate to industry
2. Three years of related experience
3. Experience in payroll software
4. Strong knowledge of applicable employment and health and safety legislation and the ability to read and interpret legislation
5. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
6. Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
7. Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
8. Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
9. Demonstrated time management skills
10. High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
11. High level of integrity and work ethic and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion
12. Knowledge of and exposure to a range of human resources activities, including some of the following: recruitment, orientation, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, and employee communications
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
678 Main Street East
Hamilton, Ontario L8M1K2
Attention: Human Resources
Nya:weh to all applicants.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline to Apply: April 26, 2019