Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Product Manager
Position: Full time, Contract until March 2022 (with an opportunity for renewal)
Reports to: Director, Digital Transformation
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As a Product Manager at Kids Help Phone, you will craft intuitive and enriching experiences for young people seeking help in vulnerable and challenging moments. You will always be looking for ways to hone our user-centred process as we continue to improve and enhance our online presence and digital UX.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
Your role specifically will be to support the re-envisioning of KidsHelpPhone.ca – a single point of access to Kids Help Phone’s ecosystem that includes a diverse set of service offerings, clinically-informed, mental health content and resources, and so much more!
Throughout the discovery and implementation process, you will support a cross-functional team in prioritizing needs, aligning requirements with our strategic goals, in order to help reimagine and overhaul what is currently KidsHelpPhone.ca. Throughout the launch and evaluation process your attention to detail will help our team learn from nuances in user behaviour.
This role will support multi-disciplined teams across multiple lines of business to bring concepts to reality following a user-focused, research-informed UX design process.
What You’ll do
- Demonstrate a user-centric approach by being an active voice for our stakeholders
- Help uphold and maintain a high level of user experience and design quality across different teams
- Support the whole product life-cycle from discovery through to launch and evaluation
- Liaise with external vendor(s) and internal cross-functional team’s members, supporting day to day project requirements
- Support Product Owner and the cross-functional team with prioritizing needs and aligning requirements with project and organizational strategic goals
- Manage technical requirements and leads documentation planning and gathering
- Leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor performance and identify new features and tactics to improve KPIs
- Propose new ideas and processes as needed, and assume ownership over various operational aspects
- Actively coordinate with the wider organization to drive larger organizational improvements and foster strong cross-discipline relationships
- Contribute to the culture through embodying the values and behaviour and making conscious and informed decisions.
- Support with Project Management tasks as required
What You’ll Need
- Business; Information Technology Management; Psychology undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- A certification in Product Management, Technology Management is an asset (direct experience may be substituted)
- 3-5 years’ experience working with integrated technology-based services
Have a strong understanding of UX design and various delivery methods (e.g. agile, or lean)
- Consider the holistic experience and wider ecosystem of Kids Help Phone while guiding the product design strategy in alignment with the business strategy
- Substantial experience using user research and metrics to add significant value to a product
- Possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment
- Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment
You’ll already have the following:
- Have strong communication and leadership skills and prioritize putting the best interests of your team first
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and multitask
- Comfortable building strong relationships and leading cross functional groups through a UX design process
- Ability to work well independently and within a cross-functional team
An analytical, meticulous, detail-obsessed mindset, with an unending desire to continue learning
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:* lastname_firstname_Product Manager *
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at www.kidshelpphone.ca
The position will be posted until midnight 14 May 2021
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
At Kids Help Phone, we embrace and celebrate an inclusive, diverse and accessible environment, where all employees and stakeholders feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we live with and serve. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Kids Help Phone is committed to providing barrier-free environment and accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources person if your require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.