Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Specialist – Quality Evaluation
Position: Full time, Contract until April 2022
Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance and Standards
Location: Toronto (temporarily remote due to Covid)
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As The Specialist, Quality Evaluation at Kids Help Phone, you will support the Quality Assurance Program in the Counselling Operations Branch by conducting ongoing quality evaluations of client contact sessions.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
As the Specialist, Quality Evaluation, you will perform a key role in developing and implementing evaluation and measurement processes that enhance the effectiveness of clinical services and supports evidence-based decision making in accordance with the mission, vision values and established protocols of the Company.
What You’ll do
· Develop, design and implement data collection procedures and measurement tools to support evaluation, research and evidence-based program implementation across the clinical services system.
· Explore and recommend evaluation and research methodologies that facilitate their integration into day-to-day clinical work by consulting with staff, management, and other stakeholders.
· Engage with key stakeholders within the organization and across the child and youth mental health system to ensure that evaluation methods are developed using a participatory, collaborative, utilization-focused lens.
· Utilize evaluation tools and methods to describe program activities and associated outcomes for process and outcome evaluations.
· Gather data from a variety of internal and external sources.
· Provide management with comprehensive and timely reports, including recommendations, to assist with monitoring and decision-making processes for improving services.
· Develop and implement processes and strategies and set standards for data collection that ensure the integrity of process and outcome data.
· Analyse data using the appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative statistical techniques.
· Summarize and present data using a variety of formats that ensures information is easily shared and understood by all stakeholders.
· Ensure all tasks completed are carried out in compliance with relevant legislation and professional standards, and with the KHP’s policies, procedures, and guidelines.
What You’ll Need
· Post-secondary diploma/degree in healthcare or related field, or demonstrated related abilities through experience and education
· Applied knowledge of brief solution focused therapy and / or narrative therapy.
· Nice to have is bilingual in English & French as well as knowledge of counselling approaches
· Non-profit or social services experience preferred
· Knowledge of laws and services directly affecting the lives of children and youth in Canada.
· Possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
· Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
You’ll already have the following:
- Detail orientated and strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player who can work independently
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, iCarol or other databases
- Demonstrated self-reflective practice
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement
- Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task when needed
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Visit https:// https://kidshelpphone.ca/get-involved/about-us/careers
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:* lastname_firstname_Specialist, Quality Evaluation *
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at www.kidshelpphone.ca
The position will be posted until midnight May 11, 2021.
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.
Kids Help Phone is committed to providing barrier-free environment and accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources person if your require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.