The Accounting Associate position is responsible for planning, organizing, and administrating specialized accounting activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing financial statements and reports. This position is suitable for a recent graduate from an Accounting program who is ready to start the CPA program.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Prepare all month end reconciliations journal entries with complete back up in a timely and accurate manner.
· Prepare and support the financial statements, reconciliations and reports in a timely manner.
· Complete product line income statements and variance analysis with explanations for all significant items.
· Prepare, evaluate, and assist with accurate processing of monthly accounts payable and accounts receivable aging.
· Process the entry of accounts payable on a weekly basis, with three-way matching to purchase orders and packing slips.
· Prepare the bi-weekly payment processing for all corporate payables.
· Process all corporate manual expense reports.
· Review and track all corporate credit statements with approval and receipts.
· Assist with preparation of annual budget, five-year business plan, and a twelve month rolling forecast as needed.
· Post-Secondary Education in Accounting, Business or related discipline,
· Candidate should be prepared to enroll in the CPA program.
· Recent graduate with prior co-op experience.
· Ability to evaluate the accuracy of financial data.
· Ability to prepare financial summaries such as balance sheets and income statements.
· Ability to work in a fully computerized environment including advanced Excel skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Able to work independently and in a team.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.