HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
LOOKING FOR DYNAMIC INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
POSITION: Casual/Part Time Client/Participant DRIVERS
Location: 285 Bunting Road, ST Catharines, ON L2M 7T9
Reporting to the Office Manager the Part Time Drivers will work as part of a team in a fast passed environment with the main responsibility to provide safe daily transportation of Clients/Participants to and from training destinations located within the Niagara Region.
• Meticulous records maintenance skills
• Highly developed understanding of industry regulations, standards, and best practices
• Ability to take constructive criticism
• Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations
• Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Ability to effectively interact with and relate to Youth in a developmentally appropriate manner
• High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates initiative, responsibility, and enthusiasm
• High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Adheres to the organization’s security and confidentiality policies
• Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory requirements
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Knowledge of relevant cultural traditions and Indigenous history and asset
• Experience commercial driver minimum 1 year
• Clear criminal record check/ acceptable vulnerable sector check
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract and insurable
PREFERRED SKILLS (BUT NOT NECESSARY)
• Valid first aid or CPR certification
• Health & Safety
HOURS OF WORK
• Some evening/weekend hours required to attend meetings, special functions and to meet work deadlines. Travel to all 5 Catchments and other various meetings as required.
All applicant are encouraged to request job description.
Please send via mail (must arrive by deadline) or email your resume with three (3) work related references to:
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board
50 Generations Drive, 2nd Flr, Box 9
Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0
Closing Date: Open posting – required for Applicant Pool
Salary: $18.00 per hour
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified canadiates of Aboriginal Decent. Please self-identify. The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.