Position: Part-Time Visitor Service Assistant
Location: Six Nations Tourism Building
Job Status: Part-Time 3 Month Contract
Hours of Work: 12 hours per week
Reporting to the Six Nations Tourism Marketing & Programming Supervisor, the part-time Visitor Service Assistant will assist in managing the weekend operations, marketing, and oversee the maintenance of Six Nations Tourism Centre. The Visitor Service Assistant will assist with educational programs and deliver quality visitor experiences and promote tourism activities on social media. The Visitor Service Assistant will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with front-of-house operations including ticket sales, orienting visitors to the tourism centre, answering calls, responding to inquiries and processing gift shop transactions.
- Promote Six Nations Tourism through the official website and social media channels (Twitter, Instagram & Facebook) to ensure that events, photos, and visitor information is kept up-to-date throughout the summer months.
- Maintain family activity areas in the tourism atrium.
- Ensure Six Nations Tourism remains professional, welcoming and accessible.
- Assist in the maintenance of partnerships and relationships with Six Nations attractions, community crafters and artisans, local business, and community organizations.
- Assist in developing and implementing interpretive and educational programming.
- Work and communicate with volunteer boards at site.
- Assist in receiving, recording and reporting all revenue.
- Assist with planning and operations of special promotional events and trade shows.
- Keep abreast of Tourism industry best practice and make recommendations for the operations continuous improvement.
- Administrative duties for day to day operations.
- Part-time, weekend position; 12 hours a week.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
***For a full description of the Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Education/Experience, please refer to attached Job Description for further details***
Please submit the following to the HR Department at the Six Nations Tourism Building in person/by mail at 2498 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0 or by email at HRdept@sndevcorp.ca:
- Application for Employment Form (download)
- Cover letter
Or apply online at www.sndevcorp.ca/careers.
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
- Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation shall make every reasonable effort to accommodate job applicants who have disabilities and make the applicants aware of the policies and supports in place for accommodating people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.