The urban Aboriginal youth we serve will have increased confidence, self-esteem and leadership abilities. They will develop skills and a strong attachment to the workforce that will make them more employable and provide them with greater stability. NPAAMB will be a leader in supporting our youth as they transform into leaders contributing to their communities.
The Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board is seeking a:
Contract Position: (40 Hours per week; until March 31, 2021)
Location: 50 Generations Drive, Ohsweken
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Strategic Partnership Team Lead and NPAAMB Executive Director and/or her designate, working as part of a team in a fast paced environment, the primary function of this role is to develop and implement innovative and distinct client recruitment strategies to expand the diversity and increase the number of Indigenous youth served by NPAAMB.
• Foster positive, productive working relationships with service providers in all catchment areas so as to secure referrals of potential NPAAMB clients
• Works with NPAAMB graphic designer and program staff to develop marketing and promotional materials
• Directly coordinates the distribution of promotional materials and program notices via social media channels and other methods
• Participates in local business /industry meetings in all NPAAMB catchment centres
• Plans and delivers information sessions to recruit clients for NPAAMB programs, such as: client information sessions, association meetings and lunch and learn sessions with community partners;
• Reports regularly on results achieved via social media channels to evaluate impact of digital recruitment strategies
• Collaborate with NPAAMB partners such as service providers, post-secondary institutions and associations to increase exposure in different areas to connect with youth
• Design, plan, implement and manage youth Social Media Ambassador project
• College Diploma or University Degree in Career Planning, Social Service or Communications,
• 2-3 years of recruitment experience,
• Experience in employment services or youth related recruiting is considered an asset,
• Sales experience considered an asset,
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
• Strong knowledge of social media tools and programs especially as a recruiting platform (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, Snapchat and more),
• Proven self-starter with strong planning, time management and analytical skills,
• Experience working with youth ages 15-30,
• Experience working with Indigenous clients and awareness of Indigenous history, culture(s) and demographics considered an asset,
• Knowledge of labour market information (LMI) relevant to southern Ontario,
• Demonstrated experience liaising and influencing partners to promote, communicate and implement change and improvement initiatives,
• Clear criminal record check/ acceptable vulnerable sector check,
• Valid driver’s license and access to insured, licensed automobile.
The successful candidate must be able to work overtime as required and have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Southern Ontario to NPAAMB’s office locations to fulfill the duties of the position.
Mail, Courier or email your Resume and/or CV, and 3-work-related references, to the attention of:
Christina Brookes, Human Resources and Training Manager email@example.com
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board
50 Generations Drive, 2nd Flr. Box 9|Ohsweken ON N0A 1M0
Applicants are encouraged to request the e-copy of the job description from Christina Brookes, HR & Training Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 13, 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary range: $48,000-$53,500 per annum
All offers of employment are contingent upon receipt and acceptance of Vulnerable Sector CPIC
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. We thank you for your application, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES OF ABORIGINAL DESCENT WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.