The Office Support Worker will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including secretarial and receptionist duties. Additional responsibilities include reconciling bank statements, taking minutes during meetings and scheduling appointments for all departmental managers. The Office Support Worker is also accountable for drafting, reviewing and editing time-sensitive correspondence sent by the management team. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Provide administrative support to all departmental members.
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions such as updating the ledger manually and issuing rental receipts.
- Interact with financial institutions with respect to making deposits and reconciling bank statements.
- Complete and review all expense reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents.
- Review and prepare all documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the management team.
- Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
- Coordinate departmental office activities.
- Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain daily appointments of all management and executive members.
- Take and transcribe dictation notes and meeting minutes.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Assist with report and presentation preparation.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- Research and assist with all Requests for Proposals (RFP).
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
- Prepare travel arrangements with a keen attention to detail, where necessary.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- Business Administration degree or diploma required.
- 5-7 years’ experience as an Office Support Worker, or relevant role, considered an asset.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office 365.
- Busy office setting.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with public at large.
- Ability to conduct and attend presentations.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime may be required.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Compensation: up to $40,950/year
Deadline to Apply: October 22, 2021