Human Resources Generalist
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, you will develop, implement and evaluate human resources and employee relations policies, programs and procedures and advise managers on personnel matters. You will be involved in staffing, benefits, orientation, training, compensation and employee relations.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry. As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjack’s safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees. Learn more about how you can become a part of the Skyjack team and align yourself with other motivated and engaged professionals.
· Develops and administers Human Resources objectives and programs
· Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, compensation and benefit programs and employee agreements
· Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, and employment equity
· Manage and maintain human resources information in HRIS
· Prepare reports and recommend procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover and work related injuries
· Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
· Manage all benefits programs
· Respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, agencies, or members of the business community
· A degree or diploma in Human Resources Management
· Able to demonstrate knowledge of current Employment legislation
· Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Previous experience with an HRIS
· Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
· Able to work in a fast paced environment
· Flexible and adaptable
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
· Opportunities for career advancement
· Assistance with approved professional designations and fees
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities
· Social committees and sports teams
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet the full requirements for this position.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.