The Canada Border Services Agency
Offering a 2020 summer employment opportunity for students to gain law enforcement experience as a Student Border Services Officer (SBSO)
SBSO’s will work in a CBSA postal service or international airport in collaboration with Border Services Officers (BSO) to determine the admissibility of people and goods to and from Canada by performing some of the following tasks:
* interviewing travelers from various backgrounds and cultures
* examining various declarations and goods
* identifying fraudulent documents
* providing quality service and education to the travelling public
* identifying people and goods that pose a threat to Canada
* assessing risk
* preventing drugs, firearms and other prohibited goods from entering Canada
* making decisions
Full-time summer employment (May to August 2020) with a possibility of part-time re-hire for fall 2020 and winter 2021. Experience working as a Student Border Services Officer is considered an asset in the CBSA Officer Trainee Developmental Program selection process.
Closing date for applications is November 25, 2019.
To apply for this job please visit emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca.