Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendships Centers (OFIFC)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Employment Type Full-Time
To ensure the effectiveness and stability of various OFIFC training efforts through assessment, design, delivery and evaluation to support Friendship Centers urban Indigenous communities.
-Knowledge of training and curriculum development and design
* -Ability to provide training and facilitation for groups
* -Proven ability to manage group dynamics
* -Strong knowledge and sensitivity to Indigenous issues, communities, values, traditions, cultural norms and practices
* -Awareness of trauma-informed approaches within an Indigenous cultural context
* -Post-secondary education in Social Science, or related discipline
* -3-5 years of instructional or training facilitation experience
* -Minimum of 1 year experience of as a participant driven trainer
* -Experience working within an Indigenous community
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The OFIFC is an award winning leader in culture-based management providing innovative research, policy, training and community development to 28 Friendship Centers and other urban Indigenous service providers across Ontario. Located in downtown Toronto, the OFIFC engages all levels of government and mainstream agencies. OFIFC is a purpose-driven organization which offers unique and challenging work. A rewarding and enriching career awaits if you are skilled at critical thinking, building relationships, take personal accountability for getting things done and enjoy working as part of a team to collaboratively solve problems.