Vice President of Employment Services and Labour Market Solutions
If you are passionate about making a difference, see both the forest and the trees, are driven to outperform, and thrive on building relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders, this may be the opportunity you are looking for.
Goodwill the Amity Group is a leading human services and social impact organization based in Hamilton that serves the Hamilton and Halton communities. Goodwill’s mission is changing lives through the power of work. To deliver that mission we support individuals in overcoming barriers to employment and obtaining work, and employers in securing the workforce they need. Our Employment Services programs are funded by the government of Ontario. We also operate social enterprise divisions – Stairways café / catering, recycling operation and thrift stores in Oakville and Burlington, which also provide training, and employment opportunities in our communities.
Primary Functions and Current Priorities
- Reporting to our President and CEO, the VP of Employment Services has leadership and senior management ownership for the development, delivery, and growth of Goodwill’s Employment Services programs.
- Working with the Director of Employment Services, the mandate is to ensure that staff are motivated and supported; that services meet job seeker and employer needs; and that service delivery standards and metrics, reporting requirements, and financial targets are met, such that continuing contracts are renewed.
- A key current initiative will be to lead engagement, research, preparation, strategy development, communications, partnership development, and government relations associated with Employment Services (including, at present, the Government of Ontario’s transformation plans) to determine what roles Goodwill can best fill. Together with internal and external colleagues, marshal the resources to fill them, and successfully pursue them.
- With internal and external supports that may be required, the VP will also head our mission-focused revenue diversification strategy. This includes leading in researching and applying for new funding of our Employment Services, identifying new opportunities and completing new submissions aligned with our mission. The VP will also direct implementation when new grants are received.
- With strong interpersonal and communication skills, the Vice President will maintain and expand relationships with relevant Employment Services partners and stakeholders, including government, funders, researchers, clients, employers, community groups, thought leaders, and service providers such that we are aware of and influence decisions and directions within the sector and at policy tables, and such that we develop partnerships in service of our clients.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A deep understanding and a passion for human services and making a difference
- A strategic, analytical, and innovative thinker
- High emotional intelligence, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and the ability to interact with a wide range of people
- A strong financial manager with a track record of budgeting, managing, and delivering on financial targets generally and in managing government funding specifically
- Exceptional English language communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- An empowering and supportive team builder
- A history of accessing and managing municipal, provincial, federal, United Way, foundation, and corporate funding through successful proposal and grant processes
- Enthusiastically apply corporate core values to all aspects of the job, including integrity
- University degree in a relevant field
- 5-7 years’ experience working in the Employment Services sector
- Understanding and experience serving clients with barriers, including disability
- 7-10 years’ management experience, including senior leadership
- Experience with systems planning and evaluation
- Current understanding of community context and support structures in the areas served by the Goodwill, The Amity Group
- Current knowledge of government funded employment program requirements in the Canadian context (including MCCSS, MTCU, and ESDC)
- Post Graduate degree in a relevant field
- Experience with change management
- Fluency in additional languages
- Government relations experience would be an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, design, and deliver programs in support of client, community, and funders goals,
- Implement sector based strategies focused on workforce development, to achieve targets and employment outcomes
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders, employers and funders
- Identify opportunities for the introduction of new programs and services to meet community needs
- Ensure that contractual obligations for funding are met or exceeded
- Use existing and seek out potential technology tools manage and improve performance
- Provide for the development of staff to ensure that Goodwill is able to deliver services to the required standards and in accordance with its service philosophy
- Deliver results, both independently and in a collaborative team environment, within an accountability framework, across multiple government jurisdictions
- Other duties as required
Interested Individuals are asked to submit a Cover Letter and Resume by e-mail to:
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted for an interview, please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.