Summer Day Camp Group, Break and Floater Counsellors
Positions available in: Niagara Region
Contract Start/End: Contracts start in May for orientation and training, full time training starts
June 21, 2020. Camp runs June 29 to September 4, 2020.
Starting Wage: $13.15-$14/hour plus YMCA Membership benefits from June-August
Hours per week: Group Counsellors: 35-40 hours/week
Group Counsellors are responsible for the safety, supervision and care of a group of 8 to 12 children. They will lead a variety of fun and exciting activities for the children in their group throughout the camp day, and ensure they have an amazing camp experience.
Break Counsellors are scheduled for a portion of the day to cover Group and Program Support counsellors during their break. Break staff are energetic and flexible staff that ensure campers experience no change in the scheduled program during the staff transition. Access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
Floater Counsellors are assigned as a Group Counsellor to a specific camp for a day or a week to assist with high registration and/or time off. Floater Counsellors are dynamic individuals who can jump in to a variety of camps, and provide campers with a great experience. Access to a reliable vehicle is required.
– Experience working with children and/or youth is an asset
– Applicants must be 16 years of age or older
– Values driven individuals who make excellent role models for children and youth
– Experience working in day or residential camp is an asset
– Energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
– The ability to participate in physical activity (including swimming), and work in an outdoor environment in various weather conditions
– A Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search with
– Standard First Aid and CPR- C (within three years of certification date)
– Consistently communicate with parents and other team members to ensure a successful camp experience for everyone involved.
– Actively participate in programming and planning.
– Participate in active games, sports, swimming and other activities.
– Be energetic and flexible.
– Work as part of a team to ensure that everyone has a positive camp experience.
– Be looking to develop skills that are transferable to a variety of professional opportunities.
DAY CAMP OVERVIEW:
Camp runs Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, with extended care from 7:30am to 6pm. The majority of camp staff are scheduled to work between 7.5 and 8.5 hours per day.
For more information on this and the variety of camps we offer, please visit our website ymcadaycamp.ca.
Successful applicants must attend all pre camp meetings and trainings, including training on YMCA Child Protection Policies & Procedures
All applicants are invited to send their resume to:
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request
If you require additional information or have any questions about the hiring process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-934-9755 ext. 280.
For more information for this and other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit our website, www.ymcaofniagara.org.