Summer Day Camp Site & Integration Supervisors
Positions available in: Welland, St. Catharines, Grimsby, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie & Port Colborne
Contract Start/End: Contracts start in May for orientation and training, full time training starts June 21, 2020. Camp runs June 29 to September 4, 2020.
Starting Salary: $15.35/hr
Seasonal full-time position (42.5 hrs/week)
Site Supervisors are responsible for the day to day operations and management of the camps running at their site. This includes site set up, staff training, program quality, communication with parents, problem solving, scheduling and supervision of staff. Site Supervisors will maintain open and positive communication with community partners and organizations as well as the YMCA branches.
· Values driven individuals who make excellent role models for children and youth
· Sound judgement and decision making skills
· Energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in YMCA Day Camp.
· Previous experience motivating, leading, supervising and coaching staff
· Minimum 2 years Post Secondary Education
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C
· Current Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (issued within one year)
· Successful candidates must attend all pre-camp orientation and all mandatory trainings
· Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
• Co-ordinates programs and ensures safe, quality programs for participants and staff
• Provides staff supervision including training and performance evaluations of camp counselors
• Assists will all aspects of the operation of camp (registration, parent liaison, promotion, set up and camp closing)
• Provides leadership to all staff training and upholds YMCA policies and procedures
• Reports directly to the Director of Day Camp
• Ensures that there is sufficient supplies and equipment for the delivery of the program
• Provides direct supervision to all staff on site
• Ensures Coordinator/Manager are informed of any serious occurrences/complaints about camp
• Ensures that all staff on site adhere to Policies and Procedures developed by the YMCA
• Makes immediate decisions to ensure safety and reacts accordingly to a crisis
• Is able to address parental concerns and ensure maximum customer satisfaction
• Maintains regular contact with staff, camp participants, parents, community agencies and volunteers involved in program
• Other duties as assigned
DAY CAMP OVERVIEW:
Camp runs Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, with extended care from 7:30am to 6pm. The majority of camp staff are scheduled to work between 7.5 and 8.5 hours per day.
For more information on this and the variety of camps we offer, please visit our website ymcadaycamp.ca.
Successful applicants must attend all pre camp meetings and trainings, including training on YMCA Child Protection Policies & Procedures.
All applicants are invited to submit an online application by March 20, 2020 via:
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request
If you require additional information or have any questions about the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-934-9755 ext. 280.