The Apprenticeship Opportunity Fund (AOF) provides support services to enhance the successful completion of an approved pre-apprenticeship or apprenticeship training program.
Financial assistance and wage subsidy
- Up to 26 weeks on the job training – 50% of wages (up to minimum wage)
- Classroom fee and other such as ERS, parking and books
Start-up tool fund
- Special costs for tolls, specifically for apprenticeship designated trade – up to $1000 based on trade
- Special costs related to participants with disabilities may be provided if required
Am I Eligible?
- To meet minimum NPAAMB eligibility requirements you must be:
- A registered NPAAMB client (if you are not, contact your local YSO to schedule an intake appointment).
- Reside within one of the following catchment areas: Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, or Fort Erie and Niagara Falls (proof of residency may be required).
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person (status/non-status First Nation, Inuit, or Metis).
- 15 to 30 years of age at the time of intake/selection.
- A desire to learn, participate and accomplish personal career goals.
- Out of school, unemployed, or underemployed.
- If a previous NPAAMB client, must demonstrate successful completion of prior interventions provided by NPAAMB.
- Registered apprentice with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) and other approved apprenticeship offices.
- Demonstrate that you have researched the trade you are applying for
- Commitment to full attendance
- Willingness to participate in math and/or English upgrading
- High school diploma or equivalent
How to Register
To register, please contact your regional Youth Service Officer to be included in our ongoing inventory of applicants.