GardaWorld is the largest security company in Canada and is currently looking to recruit, train, and hire candidates just like you. As one of NPAAMB’s champion employer partners, specializing in protective services, airport security, and armored trucking, customized GardaWorld training can start you on your path toward a rewarding career.
In Ontario, the security guard license issued by Service Ontario is mandatory for every person wishing to work as a security guard. Prior to applying for this license, you must successfully complete a minimum 40-hour basic security guard training program recognized by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
NPAAMB’s protective services training program goes above and beyond those requirements. The program provides the standard 40-hours of basic training, plus 40 extra hours of specialized protective services training, combined with an additional 60 hours of pre-employment job readiness training, totalling 140 hours of training. All of which making participants well equip to succeed in the industry and obtain employment upon the completion of the program.
Upon the completion of this training, participants will understand:
- Role and tasks of a security guard
- Customer service and professionalism
- Different types of communication
- Patrolling procedures
- Alarm systems
- Legal aspects of a security guard’s responsibilities
- Fire prevention and emergency procedures
- Use of force
- Access control
- First aid & CPR training
- Baton & handcuffing
- PPCT (Pressure Point Control Tactics) Course
- NCVI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training)
*All successful candidates may be hired on at one of GardWorld Security’s locations upon completion. Must be willing to relocate for employment.
Am I Eligible?
- Meet minimum NPAAMB eligibility requirements:
- A registered NPAAMB client (if you are not, contact your local YSO to schedule an intake appointment).
- Reside within one of the following catchment areas: Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, or Fort Erie and Niagara Falls (proof of residency may be required).
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person (status/non-status First Nation, Inuit, or Metis).
- 18 to 30 years of age at the time of intake/selection.
- Out of school, unemployed, or underemployed.
- Strong desire to learn, participate, and accomplish personal career goals
- If a previous NPAAMB client, must demonstrate successful completion of prior interventions provided by NPAAMB.
- Has not participated in NPAAMB group training within the last two years.
- Commitment to full attendance
- Demonstrate that you have researched labour market information about the security industry.
- G2 driver’s license is encouraged.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to complete academic upgrading in math or English
- Willingness to relocate for employment after completion of the program
- Willingness to complete to complete essential skills assessment as part of the application process.
*Participants will be chosen based on a successful application and academic skills assessment and interview.
How to Register
To register, please contact your regional Youth Service Officer and schedule your intake appointment.