The Oya:na Program will be rotating throughout NPAAMB’s five catchment areas (Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Fort Erie).
Upcoming Program Dates
2019 Program Start Dates & Locations*:
- July 2 (Hamilton)
- July 9 (Kitchener/Waterloo)
- August 20 (St. Catharines)
- October 8 (Kitchener/Waterloo)
- October 15 (Brantford)
- December 3 (Fort Erie)
2020 Program Start Dates & Locations*:
- January 20 (Kitchener/Waterloo)
- January 20 (Brantford)
*Subject to change
- To meet minimum NPAAMB eligibility requirements you must be:
- A registered NPAAMB client (if you are not, contact your local YSO to schedule an intake appointment).
- Reside within one of the following catchment areas: Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, or Fort Erie and Niagara Falls (proof of residency may be required).
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person (status/non-status First Nation, Inuit, or Metis).
- 18 to 30 years of age at the time of intake/selection.
- A desire to learn, participate, and accomplish personal career goals.
- Out of school, unemployed or underemployed.
- If participant is a previous NPAAMB client, must demonstrate successful completion of prior interventions.
- Commitment to full attendance and conduct expectations.
This program is proudly sponsored by
- Government of Ontario – Ontario Poverty and Reduction Strategy
- Government of Canada
|Deadline to Apply||June 18, 2019|
|Starts||July 2, 2019|
|Ends||September 21, 2019|
|Duration||4 days/week for 11 weeks|
|Cost||100% of funding covered by NPAAMB|
How to Apply
To register, please contact your regional Youth Service Officer to be included in our ongoing inventory of applicants.