Pipe Dreams Production Welding is a 20-week vocational training program. It consists of 12-weeks of in-class theoretical and practical training as well as 8 weeks of on-the-job training. The focus of this vocational program will be welding skills development using the GMAW-SC and GMAW-SP processes on different thicknesses of carbon steel in a variety of positions. In addition to GMAW weld practical skills, students will learn engineered drawings (including weld symbols), and GMAW weld theory. They will also prepare for and complete a CWB weld skills test in the flat position.
- Accommodations (for out of town client’s only)
- Mileage (based off of NPAAMB policy and individual assessment)
- Bus pass (for local travel) and PPE (safety equipment)
- Earn up to $300 per week
*Please note that NPAAMB training supports available will be reviewed on an individual basis. As well, any or all program supports will require a T4A to be issued by NPAAMB to the participants for income tax declaration purposes as required by the Canada Revenue Agency.
Am I Eligible?
- Meet the minimum NPAAMB eligibility requirements:
- A registered NPAAMB client (if you are not, contact your local YSO to schedule an intake appointment).
- Reside within one of the following catchment areas: Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, or Fort Erie and Niagara Falls (proof of residency may be required).
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person (status/non-status First Nation, Inuit, or Metis).
- 18 to 30 years of age at the time of intake/selection.
- Out of school, unemployed, or underemployed.
- Strong desire to learn, participate, and accomplish personal career goals.
- Senior level high school or equivalent.
- Willingness to complete academic upgrading in math and English prior to and during training.
- Commitment to full attendance and conduct expectations
- Willing to accept a 4-8-week work placement outside of city of residence.
- Willing to relocate for employment after completion of the program.
- Must demonstrate that you have researched welding labour market information
- G2 class driver’s license strongly encouraged.
*Please note that all applicants will be required to take an essential skills and academic assessment to determine their suitability for this program.
How to Register
To register, please contact your regional Youth Service Officer and schedule your intake appointment.