INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting Period: September 24, 2019 – Until Filled
Position: Grounds Maintenance Staff
Location: Projects and Property Management Department – SNGRDC
Job Status: Part-Time Contract
Hours of Work: 0-44 Hours Per Week
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE STAFF
Reporting to the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor the Grounds Staff is responsible to provide clearing, ground and building maintenance services within the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation. The chosen candidate will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate lawnmowers, weed eaters, and other small machinery.
- Assist with general building maintenance.
- General custodial services as required by various departments.
- Assist with construction or property management projects.
- Day to day operations and maintenance logging of work completed, outstanding, supplies and repairs needed, contract workers.
- Respond to emergencies repairs or maintenance and notify the appropriate individuals.
- Communicate professionally with contractors, tenants, community members, government officials, and land owners.
- Clean, maintain and keep all tools organized and in good working condition.
- Participates in and completes all required SNGRDC training.
- Assist in other operations in the Property Management and/or SNGRDC portfolio to ensure customer service and operational needs are met.
- Completes WHIMIS training.
- Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are followed.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Follows and ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with one (1) years of work experience.
- Must have a minimum of Grade 10 or equivalent with two (2) years of work experience.
- Chainsaw certificate would be an asset.
- Possess a valid G Driver’s License.
- Possess or be willing to obtain WHMIS certificate.
- Experience/competency operating power tools, small/heavy equipment, custodial equipment, and farm/landscaping machinery safely.
- Must pass police record check.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement and conduct of duties may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Development Corporation is to enhance Six Nations to derive economic benefits, create employment for community members and generate income to support community priorities.
Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation will pursue economic self-sufficiency without sacrificing the cultural values and integrity of the Six Nations People.
Community Members, Contractors, Human Resources, Development Corporation Staff, Tourism Partners, and Maintenance Contractors.
- This position requires medium physical effort.
- Working indoor and outdoor and exposure to varying weather conditions.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
Public relations with community members.
Grounds Maintenance Supervisor July 2019 V1
Please submit the following to the HR Department at the Gathering Place by the Grand Building in person/by mail at 2498 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0 or by email at HRdept@sndevcorp.ca:
- Application for Employment Form (attached)
- Cover letter
Or apply online at www.sndevcorp.ca/careers.
Or apply online at www.Indeed.ca
Or apply through GREAT
Or apply through Hamilton Regional Indian Centre
Or apply through NPAAMB
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
- Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation shall make every reasonable effort to accommodate job applicants who have disabilities and make the applicants aware of the policies and supports in place for accommodating people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at email@example.com.